RAISE FUNDS FOR RAINFORESTS!
You Can Help Protect Rainforests
To raise funds you can organize a sponsored talent show, run, walk, swim, bike ride, hop, three-legged race, dance, or any other activity you enjoy! You can also hold bake sales or open a lemonade stand. Click here to see what other kids have done in the past.
1. Organize your activity at a local park or at your school by writing a brief explanation of your cause and why you want to donate funds to the Rainforest Foundation.
- Include information about rainforest destruction (which you can find on our kids page).
2. Register your event with us by filling out the simple form at the bottom of the page with your name and contact info. Once you have approval to host your activity, the Rainforest Foundation will supply you with help and guidance if necessary.
3. Inform friends, classmates and community members about your event. Create fliers with a brief description of the event and the cause.
4. Print out our sponsor sheet, and encourage other participants to print it out as well.
- Ask friends, family members, business owners, or community leaders to sponsor your participation in the event.
- Inform participants that they have to accumulate a certain amount of money (for example, $10) to participate in the activity.
5. Collect funds and keep them in a safe place. Make sure to print out our Fundtracker Sheet, and write down each sum of money you receive from participants.
6. Mail the donation to the Rainforest Foundation. Please make checks payable to “Rainforest Foundation US” and send all donations to the following address: Rainforest Foundation US 1000 Dean Street Suite 430 Brooklyn, NY 11238
7. Thank your participantsCongratulations! You have successfully hosted a fundraising event for the Rainforest Foundation! We’re now one step closer to saving the rainforest and the people and animals that depend on it!