- No positions currently available. Please check back soon for updates.
Community Engagement Specialist – Contractor Position
UPDATED 10/2/2020 — THE VACANCY IS NOW LISTED AS A SIX-MONTH RENEWABLE CONTRACT POSITION
Rainforest Foundation US (RFUS) is recruiting a Community Engagement Specialist on a contract basis to support its communications and fundraising teams. The contractor will be responsible for implementing audience and donor engagement strategies across a range of digital platforms to enhance the organization’s overall online presence and to increase its individual donor base.
The contractor will report to the Communications Manager and coordinate closely with the communications and fundraising teams, as well as other team members as needed. This position is based in the RFUS office in Brooklyn, NY, but can be carried out remotely during the COVID-19 crisis.
The contractor will have the following responsibilities:
Social media – 35%
- Lead the management of RFUS’s social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Youtube, issuing regular communications and leading engagement to foster and build community
- Conduct regular monitoring of impact metrics and research and implement new methods for measuring and increasing social impact
Marketing – 15%
- Lead on the production and delivery of regular newsletters and solicitations to RFUS’s donors and subscribers
- Support the implementation of online advertising strategies
Web development – 10%
- Serve as the organizational point person to facilitate regular updates to the website
- Support ongoing website development
- Identify and support the adoption of new online tools to enhance community engagement
Creative content production – 30%
- Lead in the production of creative written, graphic and video content for print, online, newsletters and social media, liaising with program staff as needed
- Contribute to the creation and delivery of campaigns
- Follow and implement new trends and best practices and recommend new and innovative approaches to storytelling
- Ensure all creative content meets corporate identity standards and guidelines
Asset management – 5%
- Support the management of RFUS’s digital assets database and archives
- Contribute to partner digital communications initiatives as needed – 5%
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, the arts, journalism, marketing, sociology, or related field
Experience and Competencies:
- 1-2 years experience managing corporate social media accounts
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrated experience implementing community engagement strategies to expand an organization’s audience and fundraising capacity
- Demonstrated experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premier, After Effects Illustrator) and other media production platforms
- Knowledge of WordPress and Elementor a plus
- Detail-oriented and able to produce quality outputs in a timely manner
- Ability to organize, prioritize and complete work independently
- Interest and motivation to work on issues relevant to the organization
- Experience working with local and indigenous communities is an advantage
- Fluency in English is required
- Proficiency in Spanish (or Portuguese) is a strong advantage
Interested applicants are advised to carefully study all the sections of this position and reflect how you meet the requirements and skills in the cover letter and description of your prior jobs in your resume (both are mandatory for applications to be considered). Providing a link to a portfolio of past work is an advantage. Please send full application using subject line “Community Engagement Contractor – YOUR NAME” to
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience.
- Black, indigenous and people of color are encouraged to apply
- Please note that the position will be open until filled; interested candidates are encouraged to apply early
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be contacted
Do you support Rainforest Foundation US’s mission of protecting tropical forests and defending the rights of the indigenous peoples? If so, an internship at our New York City office is a great way to learn first-hand about the work that we do, while offering crucial assistance to advance our mission. Rainforest Foundation US is often seeking dedicated and qualified applicants to support our work in a variety of capacities, from research to communications and fundraising. Based on our needs and your qualifications, we may be able to design an internship specifically for you.
No positions currently available. Please check back soon for updates.
Support Our Work
Rainforest Foundation US is tackling the major challenges of our day: deforestation, the climate crisis, and human rights violations. Your donation moves us one step closer to creating a more sustainable and just future.